external CD drive not being seen by B2

Simon DK

Aug 21, 2020, 11:50:53 AM8/21/20
to Brennan Forum
I have been ripping my CD collection and to date have been using an external drive for speed.of late however the B2 fails to see the attached external drive and just says CD empty. I have tried to save settings, switch off and then re attach the external drive and switch on but it continues to fail to see the drive. any ideas what I may be doing wrong or what I can do to rectify. It would just take too long to use the internal drive to rip the collection.
grateful for y views/ideas

Daniel Taylor

Aug 21, 2020, 2:15:05 PM8/21/20
to Brennan Forum
Try the other USB port.  Port A is said to provide a little bit more power to external drives.  That might work.

To make sure the CD drive has not developed a problem, plug it in to your computer and see if you can use it.
Message has been deleted

Peter Lowham

Aug 21, 2020, 2:38:55 PM8/21/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Simon,

This is a process of determining where the root of the problem lies.  If you plug the external drive into a PC or Mac, is it seen by the PC/ Mac?  Can you read a CD or DVD on the PC/ Mac? If that is OK then your external CD/DVD drive is good.

If so, then the problem lies within the B2.  There is an option to reset the CD which is found from the front panel in 'Settings' --> 'Maintenance' --> 'Advanced'  --> 'Reset CD' which might sort the issue out, so try that first.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Aug 24, 2020, 5:23:51 AM8/24/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Simon,

Let us know if Daniel's or Peter's suggestions work or not and we can go from there.

Paul
Brennan Support.