KEF ls50 wireless

Tim H

Sep 28, 2019, 2:06:59 AM9/28/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi, does anyone have any idea if I should be able to use my Brennan wirelessly over my home WiFi with my KEF ls50 wireless speakers? I switched on the NAS option on my b2 and could see it on my windows laptop but have not been able to see my b2 from the app for my speakers and so have not been able to connect them together wirelessly. Many thanks in anticipation, Tim.

PMB

Sep 30, 2019, 3:55:20 AM9/30/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Tim H,

I suspect the LS10's requires DLNA which the B2 doesn't have as a native function. You can currently connect via Bluetooth (select Bluetooth 'out' on the B2), optical (digital) or Line Out (analogue).

If your computer can see the B2 (via NAS) perhaps there is a way to stream via your computer to the LS10's.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Tim H

Sep 30, 2019, 6:48:57 AM9/30/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,I had a look at the kef website and it appears your suspicions about dlna are correct. I currently route my b2 into my Samsung tv via hdmi and to the speakers via an optical lead which seems to provide good sound quality and convenience as my speakers only have one optical in. However, from what I have read streaming over WiFi directly from my b2 and allowing the speakers to do more of the processing would provide even better quality sound. I have had a number of years of enjoyment from my b2s and recently upgraded my speakers and even more recently upgraded the sd card in my b2 so it would support nas, not knowing about dlna. So what I wanted to ask was, are there any plans to add dlna to the b2? Thanks for your help, Tim.

Tim H

Sep 30, 2019, 9:40:55 AM9/30/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi again, looks like I should have searched the forum and Brennan website before I posted my last message. I await with eager anticipation. Thanks again Tim.

Edwyn Corteen

Oct 3, 2019, 11:22:23 AM10/3/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Tim

DLNA is available on the B2 but takes A LOT of file editing, knowledge of Linux commands etc, see this discussion. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/brennanb2/dlna%7Csort:date/brennanb2/gAjAEP0JRFQ/wBZfmaBGBAAJ

To install the base software go to the advanced menu on the B2 and select Get DLNA to install what is needed for you then to edit, but not for the faint hearted currently!

Hopefully once the bb1 has been fully launched Martin will have time to fully integrate DLNA.