Installing B2B for Libersoft

kerryman

Dec 19, 2021, 4:43:43 PM12/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi all,

I'm trying to switch software from latest B2 to the B2B which I believe I need in order for Libersoft to run, so I can stream my premium Spotify account to the speakers connected to my B2.

Can anyone help with the following :

I need a new SD card with the B2B latest software on it on an SD card , correct ?  I'm on a Mac OS,   what format should I initialise the card as,  MS DOS or MS DOS FAT ?

I've tried using the BalenaEtcher to flash the file on to the drive, but it keeps saying 'Not a bootable file ' or something..

If anyone could list the basic steps I need in order to do this, I'd really appreciate it !

thanks in advance

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2021, 4:53:37 PM12/19/21
to Brennan Forum
BalenaEtcher will work,
I suspect you have tried to unzip the brennan file. Dont just feed Etcher the untouched download, it will sort evrething out including the SD card format

Fred

PMB

Dec 20, 2021, 11:22:06 AM12/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi N,

Download the image file shown on the Techy Stuff page - New SD Card - Make sure it is called  b2SDImage18June2021.zip

Point (Select Image) Etcher at the file

Plug in the SD Card to be flashed - Etcher will find it (usually) or point (Select Target) Etcher at it.

Select Flash.

Paul
Brennan Support.