Web UI and Dynamic I.P. address

Steve Russ

Mar 3, 2022, 5:57:23 PM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hello all,

This is not really an issue with the B2, but rather an issue on some networks that assign dynamic I.P. addresses, which my router does.

Nearly every time I log into the Web U.I. I have to change the last 1 or 2 digits of the B2's I.P. address to match the new assignment to my B2. Annoying to say the least. I suspect this has to do with what is currently on my network at the time I power up the B2

Does anyone know if there is a way to stop this from occurring? I have a Motorola MG7315 cable router.

Thanks, everyone,

Steve

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2022, 6:11:51 PM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Yes,

It is of cause the Router's job to assign/provide the IP number for the B2 to use as the B2 boots.
Thus one needs to get the router to always assign the SAME IP number to the B2 - "fix" the IP Number,
Most routers have a means for doing this.
Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2022, 6:18:20 PM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
I think this is the bit your want
a.JPG
You may also need to get the MAC address of the B2's WiFi dongle.

Fred

PMB

Mar 4, 2022, 5:24:47 AM3/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steve,

The MAC address can be shown on the B2 by pressing INFO on the remote twice.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Steve Russ

Mar 4, 2022, 11:13:35 AM3/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Excellent, thanks for the info Fred and Paul. I will look into it.

Steve