CD stuck in drive

George Grella

May 13, 2022, 1:31:26 PM5/13/22
to Brennan Forum
Okay, I've got a CD stuck in the CD drive on my B2. I have gone through this list of things to try:

* Turn off/turn on with B2 at 90 degrees on right side
* Reset CD drive under the maintenance menu
* Turn off/turn on while holding down the Eject button
* Holding down the Eject button immediately after CD was accepted into drive and front panel continued to show CD empty

So, now I've got a CD in the drive that the B2 is not reading (doesn't show up on web interface either) and no way to get it out. This is pretty much a new drive—sent this in because previous drive failed—and I'm out of options and also reluctant to send this back to the factory for what will be the 3rd time 8 months.

Is there a good guide for taking this apart myself and physically removing the CD? Does the paperclip in the side trick work? Any insightful advice appreciated.

George Grella

JFBUK

May 14, 2022, 6:46:33 AM5/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi George,

I don't know how technically confident you are but Its possible that a a command line instruction to the operating system on the B2 might work.

If you have a Windows PC You would need to download the PuTTY  application so that you can establish an SSH (Secure Shell) connection and sign on to the B2.

When you have downloaded and fired up PuTTY, select SSH as the Connection type. Type the IP address of the B2 and click Open. You should then see a terminal window with a login prompt. The user is root and the password is brennan.

The B2 sees the CD as device sr0 .

The command to eject a CD from the drive is

eject /dev/sr0

This commend ejects a CD on my B2 but mine fortunately is not stuck so I cannot guarantee this is a solution.

btw this forum has been superseded by this new one

If you still have no luck then re-post there.

Good luck

John