Picture bank JBV.HTML

Phil Lord

Apr 13, 2020, 5:55:41 AM4/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Hello,

It seems that there are no queries on the forum for the photo presentation function of the B2.

1). Would it be possible to access the folders under hdd1/photos, similar to the the access granted to hdd1/music?
2). Will there be a video upload and play function introduced as there is a videos folder structure in place.

I do find this feature useful in using the ample disk space available on the B2, Of course it may be I just have insufficient music.

Thanks

Daniel Taylor

Apr 13, 2020, 7:40:12 AM4/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Even if you modified the permissions file to allow acccess to the photos folder, currently there is nothing there.  I don't know if there are any plans to add photo or video functionality to the B2.

On the other hand, the new BB1 model does play the video part of YouTube videos.  So you might consider getting one of those.

Phil Lord

Apr 13, 2020, 7:51:36 AM4/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes under (photos) there are folders A0******, containing the *JPG and corresponding *.PRV files, presumably in date uploaded order.
Also if accessed through VLC, the Camera, Date taken and recently added status is offered.
As regards the videos, I intended the uploaded videos if available, to be played, not Youtube ones.

All the best.

Daniel Taylor

Apr 13, 2020, 9:56:42 AM4/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Phil,
Apparently you know more about this than I do.  Sorry I can't help.  I am totally puzzled about how those pictures got into the photo folder.  And how do you see them?

PMB

Apr 14, 2020, 5:53:13 AM4/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Phil,

As far as I know the photo album function was deprecated some time ago as there was very little uptake. As such no further development has been done on the software and it is unlikely that any updates will be available.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Phil Lord

Apr 14, 2020, 5:57:23 AM4/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul,
No problem at all.
I suspected that as there were no forum queries, but accessing this area via Putty has been quite educational.

All the best.

Phil Lord

Jun 5, 2020, 4:17:55 AM6/5/20
to Brennan Forum
In updating to B2B, the photo display has been removed in-line with the no on-going support for JBV, however, it is as simple as the lack of JBV.HTML file in the folder causing this, or something more fundamental?
I had posted elsewhere that the B2B update appears to be a one-way process, as reverting back to using the B2 OS, will not boot-up?

PMB

Jun 5, 2020, 6:09:05 AM6/5/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Phil,

I replied to the other post but now realise you have already tried the B2 version OS yourself. I'll have to ask Martin B about this.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Phil Lord

Jun 5, 2020, 6:39:17 AM6/5/20
to Brennan Forum
OK Paul, thanks

MJB

Jun 5, 2020, 8:29:39 AM6/5/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Phil

Martin here. I sent an email to Paul but the weekend is approaching so I thought I'd better reply directly as well - so your B2 is back up to speed fopr the weekend

I just pasted the email below - hopefully self explanatory

Martin

Hello Paul

You can copy Phil with my reply

I think so few people used this facility I dropped it from the B2B build.

Phil should use the B2B SD card – I am not sure the B2 SD card can cope with the B2B settings.

When he has the B2B card running do an offline upgrade with this file – please explain how to do that if required

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ypqG9CR8HSuNx864_jCD_G2s_WHIEeUm/view?usp=sharing

That will install the missing photo viewer – on my B2 I accessed it at 192.168.0.20/jbv.html

I had to do some fishing to find it in our archives – I think there was only one version released.

Martin

Phil Lord

Jun 5, 2020, 8:39:25 AM6/5/20
to Brennan Forum
Astounding service, Martin.
Thanks very much.

Phil Lord

Jun 9, 2020, 8:01:41 AM6/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martin,
That's restored it fine.
There was a JBV3.HTML on a previous B2 release that I used, but I wasn't aware of the difference.
Thanks again
Phil