New Wifi problem

nicbw...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2020, 8:51:53 AM10/17/20
to Brennan Forum
Hello,

I have had my B2 for a number of months and have roughly 15000 tracks on the hard drive.

I have the compression set to FLAC and MP3 as I plan to use the B2 with my SONOS system. I have the B2 set up as NAS and could see the B2 from my macbook. I had 100 tracks that the B2 couldn't convert from WAV to FLAC so once I identified the tracks I converted them on my mac and then replaced the WAV files on the B2 before running the scan disc function. I then set the B2 to create the MP3 mirror files of the outstanding tracks.

The B2 created 2 of the MP3 mirror files and then dropped the network connection. When I reboot the B2 connects to the wifi but the connection is then dropped a short time later.

Everything else on the network is functioning as normal.

I have tried the retry wifi function but this failed.

The B2 was updated last week.

(Is there a solution to the SONOS playing tracks twice due to the mirror files issue?)

Has anyone else had this issue, or does anyone have a solution please?

Regards,

Nic.

Tony Atkins

Oct 17, 2020, 9:15:23 AM10/17/20
to Brennan Forum
I am not sure why you have set compression to FLAC and MP3. It works perfectly well with Sonos on FLAC only. I didn’t find a way around the duplication issue, so I deleted all the mirror files and will find another way to duplicate the mp3s, unless a solution is found.

Best

Tony

nicbw...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2020, 9:30:52 AM10/17/20
to Brennan Forum
Sorry, I need the MP3 files for my phone and car.

PMB

Oct 18, 2020, 11:51:10 AM10/18/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nic,

Not sure why your B2 dropped the WiFi connection during the MP3 conversion - try 'Reset WiFi' - Maintenance menu - and then run 'Setup WiFi' - Settings menu - again.

I have reported the Sonos playing each track twice (the FLAC and MP3) to Martin.

Paul
Brennan Support.

nicbw...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2020, 8:31:59 PM10/19/20
to Brennan Forum
I tried to 'Reset WiFi' but it didn't help. I re-set the compression to FLAC and all is well. (though the outstanding MP3's haven't been created).
I plan to export the existing MP3 files and will then remove the mirror files to allow my SONOS to function properly.

Regards,

Nic

PMB

Oct 20, 2020, 4:05:11 AM10/20/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nic,

Has anything changed with your WiFi setup i.e. moved the router or the B2, added other devices, etc recently?

Have you checked the signal strength at the B2 - WiFi Strength' - Maintenance menu - needs to be at least -60dBm (-50dBm is a better signal level and -70dBm worse)?

NAS mode would be a good way to move the MP3 folders off the B2 and onto your computer.

Paul
Brennan Support.