connectivity issues

Iain McGregor

Feb 14, 2020, 4:47:07 PM2/14/20
to Brennan Forum
My new B2 only connects very intermittently to the laptop (though when it does, everything is fine).  It has only connected once to get the CD data in 30 or so CDs, and it simply will not connect to the mobile, no matter what I do.  I'm beginning to wonder if there is a fault with the wi-fi dongle, or the connections behind it to activate the wi-fi signal.  If the problem persists (I have been trying for about an hour to get it to connect to the laptop - without success), should I ask for a new dongle, in the hope that that will solve the problem, or should I assume that the machine itself is faulty and send it back for repair?  Is there anything I can do to enhance the wi-fi signal, for example, from the B2, because, as things stand, it is pretty well unusable, no matter how good the sound it produces!

Leslie Brownlee

Feb 14, 2020, 5:50:58 PM2/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Check your WiFi strength from the knob on the front of the B2. Settings>Maintenance>WiFi strength. See the screenshot.

When I first got my B2 the Ui was unstable. The signal was in the high -60 to -70 dBm. Martin recommended trying a long antenna dongle and that improved the signal to around -59 to -63 dBm which isn't brilliant by what some others get, but definitely stabilised my UI.

From Brennan Website.

Some owners have reported much better internet when they bought a Wifi with an antenna and used it instead of the supplied Wifi dongle. If you search Amazon for "RT5370" you will find several compatible devices. The antenna delivers about 100x more power.

Must be the RT5370 Chipset.
what-is-a-good-wifi-signal.png

PMB

Feb 17, 2020, 2:35:13 AM2/17/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Iain,

You also try the WiFi dongle in the other USB port. If this doesn't work please email us - link - with a brief description of the issue.

There are some tips on the website for improving WiFi signal - link - How to setup WiFi.

Paul
Brennan Support.