Playlist Sorting

Robert MacLean

Apr 9, 2022, 11:58:34 AM4/9/22
to Brennan Forum
There seems to be no way of automatically sorting a playlist other than manually moving tracks or discs.

I see this function was requested back in 2019 and I wonder if this is anywhere on the planned "To Do" List.

Daniel Taylor

Apr 9, 2022, 1:53:12 PM4/9/22
to Brennan Forum
You can copy the playlists to a USB stick.  Then, on your computer you can sort, or otherwise change the order of the entries.  Then you can copy the playlists back onto the B2.

Or, you can do what I do:  I create my playlists in alphabetical order.  I don't play them that way, but it makes it easier to find what I'm looking for.

Robert MacLean

Apr 10, 2022, 3:48:13 AM4/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel.  The first suggestion looks more practical for me.  I'm looking to make a big playlist of all my favourite tracks so there'll be a huge list to sort manually or even create in order.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2022, 4:43:09 AM4/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Remember that playlist are created from the content of the B2's "b2db" file. The "b2db" file is the output of the B2's "Main Menu > Settings > Scan Disk" Function. Therefore before creating a playlist ensure that the "b2db" file is up to date by
running this function.
Also be aware that if you edit or delete music the changes while reflected by a "Scan Disk" in the "b2db", these changes will NOT propagate into any playlists generated earlier. The playlist may become out of date and cease to function properly.

Therefore generate your playlists AFTER you have finally sorted out your B2's music holdings.

Fred

Robert MacLean

Apr 10, 2022, 11:04:23 AM4/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred.  Complicated isn't it, for a septuagenarian?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2022, 2:11:13 PM4/10/22
to Brennan Forum
I too have just slipped into that decade :-(

Fred

PMB

Apr 11, 2022, 4:20:02 AM4/11/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bobmac...,

Playlists on the B2 (and the BB1) are simply lists of titles, saved as text, that tell the B2 what to play next - no music is stored in Playlists. So if you rename or delete anything on the B2, after making a Playlist, the Playlist will no longer find that item.

Paul
Brennan Support.