Backing up selected files and erasing hard drive

Art Knoflick

Dec 22, 2021, 1:28:30 PM12/22/21
to Brennan Forum
I purchased the 2T B2  about a month ago but I find it is just too technical for me and will return it.

Before I return it, I would like to  backup a few albums and then delete the rest (500+). For backup, I made a small playlist and then I have put numerous flash drives (FAT32 format) into USB A & C, but never can find any Export function (as cited on the B2 backup page) .  As far as deleting the rest of the files, I can do that an album at a time, but that is not really practical.  I do not need to backup the bulk of the albums as they are saved on a separate hard drive.

I have installed an ethernet cable into the back and am connected directly to my network. I have tried using the web UI and also the front panel control knob to toggle through the options.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.
Art

JFBUK

Dec 22, 2021, 2:14:08 PM12/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Art,

One option for you would be to enable NAS on the B2 and copy the albums you want across the network from the B2 hard drive to a drive on your computer. It would avoid worrying about USB drives.
If  you prefer , one of us can help you get the playlist export method working for you.
There is a lot of help on the Brennan website and on here about how to set up NAS but shout if you need more.

John

Daniel Taylor

Dec 22, 2021, 7:06:23 PM12/22/21
to Brennan Forum
If you put all the albums you want into a playlist, then you can use the Export Playlist command (from the Playlist menu) to copy that music to a USB disk.

PMB

Dec 23, 2021, 4:38:34 AM12/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Art,

The command you need is Export Playlist from the Playlist menu. This is accessed using the front control.

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Dec 23, 2021, 4:42:10 AM12/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Art,

Also meant to add, there is a Delete Music option in the Maintenance menu.

Paul
Brenna Support.

Art Knoflick

Dec 24, 2021, 6:50:34 PM12/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Thank you all, I have been able to export existing files I wanted and delete the rest.  I guess I was new and naive enough to think that the web UI would also control those functions, so I did not think about the front panel buttons to access and control the unit.
Cheers, Art

PMB

Dec 27, 2021, 3:40:13 AM12/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Art,

I think the idea is to keep the web UI uncluttered so some functions are only available via the front panel controls.

Paul
Brennan Support.