Stuck CD

Everett Rantanen

Nov 17, 2021, 6:32:19 PM11/17/21
to Brennan Forum
I have had a B2 for years and have never had a CD get stuck...until today.
I have tried powering it on /off several times and tried holding it in different vertical orientations. Is there any kind of manual eject? any suggestions before i take it apart?

Daniel Taylor

Nov 17, 2021, 8:11:55 PM11/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Try the Reset CD command in the Advanced menu.  It doesn't always work, but sometimes it does.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2021, 8:19:19 PM11/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Also try powering it off then while holding in the eject button powering it on again.
F.

Everett Rantanen

Nov 17, 2021, 9:14:53 PM11/17/21
to Brennan Forum
So I tried powering it on while holding the eject button no go.
Also all I  have is the blinking red and green light so can't get to Reset CD menu.

Removed the cd drive and physically had to extract the cd. Now when i power up all i get is the blinking red and green led's

I took it apart again to see if all cables were connected and the the micro SD card hadn't popped out and all is fine.

Will have to talk to Brennan to see what to do next.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2021, 10:13:15 PM11/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Epran,

The blinking red/green indicates that your SD Card has become corrupted, There is no way out of that except getting a new SD Card from Brennan (which comes with the software on it)
a.JPG

Or you could get a new SD Card (8Gb or larger) yourself and flash the operating system to it as described here

a.JPG
I would not personally re-use the old SD Card as these have a limited life and it may have gone bad.
It may have been the failing SD Card that has caused the issues.

Hope this helps

Fred

Everett Rantanen

Nov 17, 2021, 10:22:30 PM11/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Fred,

Yes that was the problem and I  reflashed a new SD card and it is working..almost. I must have damaged the cd drive while removing the CD...so now it will not accept a CD but i will order a new drive and replace it. When i removed the drive i did not see a manual button or release on it...there is usually something  to get a stuck cd out. Does anyone know the make and model number of the drive Brennan uses?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2021, 10:34:22 PM11/17/21
to Brennan Forum
I am sure Paul will be able to tell you which Internal CD reader to go for in the morning. I think they are standard PC units (off the shelf).
Fred

Everett Rantanen

Nov 18, 2021, 1:24:26 AM11/18/21
to Brennan Forum
I do have an external drive that I had bought for doing most of my initial cd transfers....I don't remember what USB port  I used. I would like to use it again  until i get a new internal drive.   Does it matter what USB port I use?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2021, 4:08:23 AM11/18/21
to Brennan Forum
No, but port A has slightly more power to it.

Fred

PMB

Nov 18, 2021, 4:56:55 AM11/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi epran...,

The CD Drive has a small interface PCB, which connects to the Motherboard via four coloured wires and fits onto the rear of the Cd Drive. Did you refit this when reassembling the B2? If not the scrolling text below the clock will show 'no CD mechanism'.

Do a Google search for a UJ8A8 DVD/CD Drive - it needs to be a slot loading, 9.5mm high drive with SATA I interface.

Paul
Brennan Support.