Software release 11th January 2020

PMB

Jan 11, 2021, 11:49:46 AM1/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

I tried to pin the previous software release post to the top of the Forum list but only succeeded in locking it so no one could add replies....

Martin Brennan has released the new software 11th January 2020 which includes some Play to Sonos updates and support for the new iPhone app.

Details of the iPhone app can be found here and the app can be found here. The app has the Play to Sonos features.

And if anyone can figure how to pin this post to the top of the list please let me know - I'm still struggling with this new Forum layout.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Jan 11, 2021, 12:04:55 PM1/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

I looked at the Google 'Help' (more like 'Hindrance' to me) a few months ago and it seems that Google has removed 'Pin' and 'Announcements' functionality completely.  I reported this as a major loss of functionality to Google when they were asking for views on the 'new' format but have not had a response (I wasn't expecting one!  Having attained 'Evil Empire' status, why would Google listen to anyone?

Google's new forum functionality is a mess in my view and has been caused by themselves.  Compared to some other fora, it doesn't really have much going for it now.

Regards,
Peter.

Russell...@hotmail.com

Jan 11, 2021, 12:33:17 PM1/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter / All - I couldn't agree more with your thoughts on  Google forum functionality. Infact for a definition of oxymoron "Google Forum Functionality" could be it. Cheers Russ