B2 no longer automatically identifies CD's or tracks.

billm...@aol.com

Nov 4, 2021, 11:07:11 AM11/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Every CD that I rip no longer identifies the album or gives track names. I have to enter this information manually. Is this now normal, or have I perhaps accidentally switched something off? I haven't upgraded the UI in many months, maybe a year. Could that be the issue? - Bill

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2021, 11:22:52 AM11/4/21
to Brennan Forum

Hi billm,

No not normal.

First have you got your B2 connected to the internet? This is needed for the B2 to look up the names from over the internet dynamically.
You could also try downloading the 'frozen' copy of the database of CD names using the menu command to do this. Again this will require the B2 to be connected to the internet.
Finally is your B2 software up to date ? Needs internet again

Fred

billm...@aol.com

Nov 4, 2021, 3:44:38 PM11/4/21
to Brennan Forum
I upgraded to the latest UI, and that solved my problem. Thank you!

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2021, 7:01:33 PM11/4/21
to Brennan Forum
That's great!