Discovering New Music

eric houston

Feb 27, 2018, 10:00:20 AM2/27/18
to Brennan Forum
Wow! Lifting the lid on Pandora's Box, eh??? Hope you like Blues music.

A few suggestions to check out on YouTube: (all regular performers at Scarborough's Top Secret Blues Festival - highly recommended, but already sold out for this year)

Wille and the Bandits - a Blues / Roots power trio from Cornwall. Probably the best live act in the UK today.

Joel Fisk - described a few months ago by Blues Matters Magazine as "The next Eric Clapton". Joel performs in several bands, one of which, Lavendore Rogue, will shortly be representing the UK at the European Blues challenge.

Also worth trying are Aynsley Lister, Kaz Hawkins (Kaz won last year's European Blues challenge) and Guy Tortora

Happy listening and thanks for a great product.

Regards

Eric
Message has been deleted

Brennan Support

Feb 28, 2018, 4:19:04 AM2/28/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi All

A long time ago when I started with the JB7 I realised the most common musical taste among JB7 owners was "eclectic".

I think that summarises my taste too. I suppose I have a taste for moody - Damien Rice, Faithless, Gil Scot Heron but I also like more poppy music sometimes.

Thanks for the recommendations Eric - I'll have a listen.

Martin