Latest iPhone App

Steve Dace

Jan 12, 2021, 11:35:00 AM1/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Shout out for the new iPhone App.
As far as I can see its working fine for me. Very much improved. Exactly what we have been waiting for.
With all due reject to my wife, who found Brennan B2 all a bit "cumbersome" to operate its  just what we needed.
This App makes it very easy now to pick individual tracks, play whole albums. It is without clutter and is simple use. Exactly as an App should be.

Well done to whoever designed it and worked on it to get it where it is today.
A huge improvement and a big step forward

Many thanks

Steve

Mark Richardson

Jan 12, 2021, 4:54:40 PM1/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi everyone Can anyone help please ? i installed the new app on 2 iphones  an iphone 5 and 7 (running latest  apple software update this week) and took new software on b2 and bb1. Now I cannot use them. Web browser access is fine. But on the phone I get black home screen,. THe radio and browse button function appear but nothing on home and no hi fi icon or ability to rescan, I rebooted all devices
Mark

Nick Turner

Jan 12, 2021, 5:07:55 PM1/12/21
to Brennan Forum
I'm in the same boat. iphone app automatically installed which has killed the inferface. I also get a black screen with icons for playing, browse, Radio, and YouTube at the bottom. There is no link to the UI or to Settings. I can get stuff to play using the app but the control is missing (play/stop; forward/back, mute, shuffle buttons missing) as are the details of the song playing and cover art. The playing button does nothing and YouTube does not find the music stored on the B2.  All in all and atrocious "upgrade".  I have reinstalled the app several times and updated the B2 software and rebooted to no avail. I have an iphone SE running the latest software.

PMB

Jan 13, 2021, 5:07:21 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mark and NTurner,

Have you tried restarting the phone/s - power off and on again?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Rearwing

Jan 13, 2021, 5:14:30 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Paul’s instructions on going via Martin Brennan developer does get you to the latest release. It is now working perfectly on mr SE, iPad Pro and iPhone X Max.

Thank you Paul, and of course Martin.

PMB

Jan 14, 2021, 6:30:40 AM1/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Mike O'D emailed me to say that the app is working today (wasn't yesterday) on his iPhone 6S so please check yours again.

Paul
Brennan Support.

David Tellett

Jan 14, 2021, 8:02:59 AM1/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Just add to this Paul, I’m using the app on an iPad, which looks and works great for the most part. However the webUI button top left isn’t active and I can’t access the webUI from here.

It does work on my phone and the webUI (s) working fine if I boot it up separately.

And yes I’ve tried turning it off and on again! 😋

Should it work on an iPad?

PMB

Jan 15, 2021, 3:52:47 AM1/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi David T,

There was a bug affecting iPads which has been fixed, so go to the app store and update the app.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Rik

Jan 15, 2021, 4:07:56 AM1/15/21
to Brennan Forum
With the new app, updated, I can only search (browse) artists, not albums, which is not very useful to me. I can’t remember what it was like before as I don’t use the app much.So it’s not a problem to me as I prefer the Webui and my Android app.