File transfer to B2 from chromebook. Missing something.

Alan Gough

Dec 4, 2020, 3:00:05 PM12/4/20
to Brennan Forum
I have connected to my B2, via ethernet connection, from my chromebook. I can create a new folder on the chromebook and transfer to the B2 under an existing artist, with a set of songs in the folder.  All my previous recordings were ripped CDs.

The problem is , I cannot see the new folder on my B2 WUI, even if I use my usual tablet, so I cannot play it on the B2, although I can play the files on the chromebook.

I bought a download album, which was apparently delivered as a zip file with six tracks and an art work file. I created a folder on the chromebook and put the files in it. I then transferred the folder to 'music' on the B2.

The only difference I can see, comparing with other folders in 'music' created by ripping CDs, is that there is no 'toc' file.

Can you offer any suggestions as to what I have missed ?

I loaded new software, B2 Nov 26 2020 on 2 Dec 20. Previously B2 Oct 23 2020, loaded when it was issued, but I have only tried this transfer on the new software.

I have looked through the forum, but nobody else seems to have had this issue, or I missed it.

Cheers, Alan Gough

Peter Lowham

Dec 4, 2020, 3:50:23 PM12/4/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan,

After you loaded the new folder onto your B2, did you run 'Scan disk' on the B2?

Regards,
Peter.

Alan Gough

Dec 4, 2020, 6:05:21 PM12/4/20
to Brennan Forum
That was it, thanks.
I was reasonably sure that the B2 did not have an index of the new tracks, but did not think of running scandisk to link it, odd because I nearly always do it if I want to start 'clean'.
Cheers, Alan