Successful B2 support by Logitech remote control

Warren Knauer

Mar 5, 2021, 10:06:47 PM3/5/21
to Brennan Forum
I have a well-aged Logitech Harmony One remote control.  It was a pleasant surprise to find that someone has created a device file for the B2 sufficient to allow use of the much more hand-friendly Harmony to operate B2 tasks.

So it was a reasonably small matter of adding the B2 device into an "Activity" on the Harmony.  I have that activity powering up my Yamaha receiver (if Off) and selecting its CD input (which I've renamed to "Streamer" and mapped CD to optical input instead of normal CD input in the Yammy's own menu setups).

Of course, the optical out of the 3.5mm on the B2 works perfectly.
Cheers,
Warren

Daniel Taylor

Mar 6, 2021, 10:03:19 AM3/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Great info, Warren.  Thanks!  I'm sure the solution you've found will be just right for others as well.  In fact, it was not too long ago that someone asked a question for which you have now provided a solution.

PMB

Mar 8, 2021, 3:35:14 AM3/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Warren,

Where did you find the B2 device file?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Warren Knauer

Mar 9, 2021, 1:55:08 PM3/9/21
to Brennan Forum
If you don't have a Logitech universal remote control, this is useless info.
(N.B., The "device file" is not a Windows driver or comparable)

If you do, your remote control may be considered "current."  Mine is too old so I need to use "MyHarmony" app

If you too have a non-current Logitech remote, learn more at:  https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/upgrading-to-myharmony

The installer will create a desktop icon that launches MyHarmonyLauncher.exe found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\MyHarmony\

It has a UX somewhat similar to a browser. Sorry, hope this is helpful...

Regards,
Warren

P.S. I recommend exploring Logitech's support further if your Logitech remote is newer to find what you need in that case.