Onkyo AVR connection

Jonathan Sucher

Feb 27, 2021, 3:56:06 PM2/27/21
to Brennan Forum
as a new owner, I got everything set up (Bluetooth, WiFi etc) and have loaded cd’s with no problem and navigated the web UI and used the help sources.

My  optical connection is used by a TV so the toslink is not workable for now as an option.
I tried a HDMI cable to a game (unused setting) which does not seem to connect.  I even tried to disable tv on HDMI in the app as I saw
I have also been unsuccessful using the RCA cables any tips, I suspect it is operator error and will test on my work old school Harman  Kardon receiver I use at work.

(I have found the tutorials helpful on line).

Daniel Taylor

Feb 27, 2021, 4:40:38 PM2/27/21
to Brennan Forum
On the WebUI, in the settings box, you must set the checkbox for "Audio on HDMI (TV)" to enable the signal on HDMI.  I can't remember, but that might also turn off the optical output.  If you want to avoid the hassle of having to switch that off and on as needed, you could get a low cost optical splitter so you can feed both the Onkyo AVR and the TV.

PMB

Mar 1, 2021, 3:38:47 AM3/1/21
to Brennan Forum
HI Jays...,

If you select 'Audio on HDMI (TV)' - web UI settings menu - it does turn off the internal amp, the Line Out and the Optical out.

As Daniel suggests a cheap optical switcher may be the solution.

Paul
Brennan Support.