My computer doesn't recognize the B2 NAS.

David Howell

May 24, 2021, 11:08:52 AM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Have tried all the obvious things; checking B2 info to make sure that NAS is on, restarting both the B2 and my computer and so forth.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hbu...@gmail.com

May 24, 2021, 1:33:00 PM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
For people to help you, tell them what operating system you are using.

David Howell

May 24, 2021, 2:12:14 PM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
It's a Dell computer running Windows 10

Mark Fishman

May 24, 2021, 5:34:42 PM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
And if you map a network drive using your B2's IP address and the sharename "music", e.g.:
mapdrive.png
(put YOUR B2's IP address where I've put mine in the picture)
does that eventually bring up a box asking for the username and password to use? (NOTE the checkbox "Connect using different credentials".)
The B2 is slow, by the way -- this could easily time out and fail the first time you try it. I'd try it twice just to be sure it's really failing and not simply being slow to connect.

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 24, 2021, 8:12:20 PM5/24/21
to Brennan Forum
the username is - root
the password is - brennan

Fred

David Howell

May 25, 2021, 11:49:40 AM5/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Followed Mark's advice and it worked like a charm
.  Many thanks