Uploading downloaded files

Adrian Wright

Dec 13, 2020, 4:19:49 PM12/13/20
to Brennan Forum
I've been having some difficulty uploading files that have been purchased and downloaded to my computer [MacBook].

I read that it could have been a wifi strength problem, but  upon checking I average about -37 [apparently -60 is sufficient with a lower figure being better]

From Bandcamp I can choose to download purchases in various formats. I was trying .wav [imaging that giving the B2 the best file for it to deal with/compress later], but the upload would fail [with  Brennon fail message] at the same file number each time. I tried a fresh download, but still the same. I then downloaded and tried again but this time as flac : same problem, but at a different file number. This would happen with several different album purchases, never managing to get a successful upload.

I then tried again but this time with the album in MP3 format [ it worked ok , but I am imagining  this as being not such an HD file... am I right?]. I was able to run all the albums in as .MP3.

I then noticed that some of the tracks were not apparent in the appropriate Album window of the UI, and even appeared in a list of tracks to another album.
When I view all the files via my MacBook of the Network and BrennanB2/Music/Artist/Album [folders], the tracks are correctly assigned to the right albums.

Has anybody else had any similar experiences? advice?

I don't seem to have any discrepancies with tracks/albums that are directly ripped via the B2s CD.

Thanks
Adrian,
Happy with it but confused.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 13, 2020, 5:34:21 PM12/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Although I don't know what actually happened, here are some guidelines that might help.
Don't have the B2 doing anything else (like playing music) while you do the upload.  The B2 works best when doing only one thing at a time.
Upload in small batches.  (I would do an album folder at a time.)  Check the integrity after each batch.

Ted Stanion

Dec 13, 2020, 5:59:02 PM12/13/20
to Brennan Forum
I have had this issue with albums purchased from Bandcamp. I eventually resolved it by renaming the files for each track so that it conformed with the way they normally appear when I would rip a known CD:
"nn Track Title"
where nn is a two digit number that doubles as the track number. For example, I was getting
"Tim Eriksen - Josh Billings Voyage or, Cosmopolite on the Cotton Road - 01 Every Day Is Three.flac"
as the file name from the Bandcamp download. I edited this and all the others to look like
"01 Every Day Is Three.flac"
I then made sure I had a directory structure that looked like
.../music/Tim Eriksen/Josh Billings Voyage or, Cosmopolite on the Cotton Road/01 Every Day Is Three.flac
and the upload worked fine.

Ted

Daniel Taylor

Dec 13, 2020, 6:04:05 PM12/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Bingo, Ted.  I wish I'd remembered to say that. ;o)

PMB

Dec 14, 2020, 5:33:31 AM12/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Adrian,

And run Scan Disk - Settings menu - after the upload.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Adrian Wright

Dec 14, 2020, 8:16:52 PM12/14/20