Reading content

Andrew Smith

Apr 6, 2022, 7:29:42 AM4/6/22
to Brennan Forum
Just wondering if I would be able to read what artists I have etc away from the Brennan. Would need to know if I have a CD already before buying one say in a charity shop. Thanks

Peter Lowham

Apr 6, 2022, 7:54:27 AM4/6/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi andrews..,

Yes, the B2 has a built in function in its Menu List, 'List Albums', which lists the albums to a USB stick in text format.  Below is an extract from my album list.
You can import this list into a spreadsheet or just carry it is a mobile phone/ tablet.

   0 Ed Sheeran / +
   1 Jimi Hendrix / 10 Tracks Performed Live at the Royal Albert Hall
   2 Fun Lovin' Criminals / 100% Colombian
   3 Imelda May / 11 Past The Hour
   4 Human League / 12 Inch Remixes CD1
   5 Human League / 12 Inch Remixes CD2
   6 Travis / 12 Memories
   7 Neil Diamond / 12 Songs
   8 The Beatles / 1962-1966 - Disc 1
   9 ZZZX - Christmas / 20 Classic Christmas Carols
  10 Frank Sinatra / 20 Classic Tracks
  11 Glen Campbell / 20 Golden Greats
  12 The Hollies / 20 Great Love Songs [UK]
  13 The Everly Brothers / 20 Greatest hits
  14 Ethel Merman / 24 Classic Songs
  15 Fleetwood Mac / 25 years - The Chain CD1
  16 Fleetwood Mac / 25 Years - The Chain CD2
  17 Fleetwood Mac / 25 Years - The Chain CD3
  18 Fleetwood Mac / 25 Years - The Chain CD4
  19 Toby Keith / 35 Biggest Hits CD1
  20 Toby Keith / 35 Biggest Hits CD2
  21 ZZZC1 - Compilation Albums / 38 Brit Awards 2002 Hits CD1
  22 ZZZC1 - Compilation Albums / 38 Brit Awards 2002 Hits CD2
  23 ZZZC1 - Compilation Albums / 40 Greatest Ever Show Tunes Part 1
  24 ZZZC1 - Compilation Albums / 40 Hits- 1965-1969 - Disc 1
  25 ZZZC1 - Compilation Albums / 40 Hits- 1965-1969 - Disc 2
  26 Eric Clapton / 461 Ocean Boulevard
  27 ZZZC1 - Compilation Albums / 60 Number Ones Of The Sixties [UK] Disc 1
  28 ZZZC1 - Compilation Albums / 60 Number Ones Of The Sixties [UK] Disc 2
  29 Seal / 7
  30 B. B. King / 80
  31 The Eagles / 9CD Boxset CD 1 - Eagles
  32 The Eagles / 9CD Boxset CD 2 - Desperado
  33 The Eagles / 9CD Boxset CD 3 - On The Border
  34 The Eagles / 9CD Boxset CD 4 - One of These Nights
  35 The Eagles / 9CD Boxset CD 5 - Hotel California

Regards,
Peter.

RandyT

Apr 6, 2022, 8:01:46 AM4/6/22
to Brennan Forum
Andrews, this is in the Maintenance menu > List Albums > Writes list of albums to drive in USB C. File name B2AlbumList.tx
I filter this into a spreadsheet and upload it to my phone for review. It's saved me buying duplicate CDs multiple times.

Andrew Smith

Apr 6, 2022, 3:44:57 PM4/6/22
to Brennan Forum
That's great. So I will be able to check if I already have a CD before I buy another the same?