'Some Artist' - Brennan and Walkman FLAC/mp3 player

Will

Mar 5, 2018, 4:41:20 PM3/5/18
to Brennan Forum
I've read a few posts that refer to the 'Some Artist' issue. I have no problem with the B2 recognising artists' names, album titles, etc. when in play. However, when I transfer files from my Brennan back-up to my FLAC/mp3 player, the device identifies a number of the artists as 'Some Artist'. This makes it less easy to select something to listen to via the band/singer.

Hope that makes sense. If it helps, the portable device I'm using is a Sony NW-A35.

Is this something that can be resolved with the tagging function?

PMB

Mar 7, 2018, 4:15:29 AM3/7/18
to Brennan Forum
HI Will,

Yes this does sound like a tagging issue. Martin added 'tagging' for FLAC files in the 22nd December release.

Paul
Brennan Support

Will

Aug 2, 2018, 6:59:33 AM8/2/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul

I know I asked about this ages ago... Will the December release correct this error if I reload albums onto my device?

Will

PMB

Aug 3, 2018, 5:04:36 AM8/3/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Will,

It really depends what file structure the Sony expects to see. You will need to run 'Tag Music' in the Maintenance menu. We recommend doing a backup (export) first though.

Paul
Brennan Support.