Brennan B2 Stutter

Chris Guest

Nov 12, 2023, 5:04:20 AM11/12/23
to Brennan Forum
I experience playback stutter when another device accesses via our network.  Information:

The B2 is network attached by wifi, visible as a NAS and controllable via the app on laptop and phone.  It is not playing via wifi - it is hard wired (optical lead) to a Pioneer receiver.

The stuttering starts if I access the other NAS drive from my laptop and also if my wife loads up iPlayer on her laptop.

Why would other devices using the wifi affect its direct playback?
I'd be grateful for guidance :-)

Peter Lowham

Nov 12, 2023, 5:40:01 AM11/12/23
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris,

This forum has been retired since May 2022 and is no longer being monitored.   You should relog this issue on the new Brennan  forum at:

A broad observation is that wireless NAS connections can be unreliable.  The B2 is possibly constantly dropping and attempting to reconnect the wireless connection in the background and this is causing the stuttering.

Peter.