Bose wi-fi speaker system query

pot shadley

Jun 10, 2019, 12:37:25 PM6/10/19
to Brennan Forum
Having searched through the questions I've not been able to locate an answer to my query.

I have been looking at wi-fi enabled multi room speakers systems. I am aware of how the Sonos system works, having seen this on the Brennan site, but not 100% how the Bose system works.

I know that the Bose system could use the B2 as a NAS (via wi-fi and hard wired) but would like to know if it can play different music (from the B2) to different speakers.

Chris A

Jun 10, 2019, 12:56:27 PM6/10/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Pot

I don't know anything about the Bose system but the B2 is capable of feeding different devices with different material. For example, I have had my B2 playing different tracks, simultaneously, via optical cable on my HiFi , and via NAS to two different PCs, and to two different Android Phones. It may have been possible to go further but I ran out of devices.

I suppose it will depend on whether each Bose speaker can operate as a discrete device and can operate independently of the others or not.

PMB

Jun 11, 2019, 4:02:15 AM6/11/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Pot,

I think the Bose system needs to see DLNA compatible devices - you may want to double check this with Bose - in order to connect. The B2 doesn't currently support DLNA without downloading miniDLNA and changing some settings.

See this post for more info.

Paul
Brennan Support.