Vinyl downloads

john mclean

Jul 17, 2020, 6:08:22 AM7/17/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi, recently purchased the B2 and new to the Forum. I buy a lot of vinyl and some have an mp3 download, can you download these direct to th B2?

Daniel Taylor

Jul 17, 2020, 9:07:10 AM7/17/20
to Brennan Forum
No, you cannot download MP3 files directly to the B2.  But you can download them to your computer, copy them to a USB stick, and then Import them onto the B2.  The folder structure for the downloaded songs must be in the form of Artist\Album\tracks.  So you might have just a little bit of editing to do.  Or maybe they will download in exactly that form.

john mclean

Jul 17, 2020, 10:00:46 AM7/17/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel.I had been downloading to pc, but thought I could do the same to B2. Will try the way you suggest. Cheers

Daniel Taylor

Jul 17, 2020, 10:11:34 AM7/17/20
to Brennan Forum
It was just pointed out to me, in a private e-mail, that you can also upload directly from your computer via the WebUI and WiFi.  Here's my response:

"That is quite true.  I don't always trust WiFi, so I transfer files via USB.  My mistrust of WiFi is quite probably a carry over from bad experiences with it in its early days.  However, I've read about an awful lot of problems with the B2 that are related to flakey WiFi.  But when the WiFi signal is good, I'm sure the method you describe will work well."