Android app crashing

Jasper Warwick

Apr 15, 2020, 10:27:08 AM4/15/20
to Brennan Forum
My apologies if this is already in the system but I originally posted it as a reply to another post so it is possible it has not been spotted....

The Android app is crashing on my Samsung S7 Edge when I enter the playlist pane.

It used to work fine and then stopped working a few months ago.

I suspect this is due to insufficient memory being allocated to local storage of playlists.

To test  this hypothesis I deleted a load of playlists on the B2 and suddenly the app started working again. I then reloaded the playlists from a USB drive and the app went back to crashing again. The mobile UI is completely stable running on my phone if I run it using Android Firefox.

I have attached a zip of my playlists to this message so you can see how much space I am using for playlists. Given that I am auto generating my playlists in order to segment my music I am guessing I am using a lot more space than the typical user.

I would hope this is an easy fix since I think the only this wrong is the amount of memory being allocated to dynamic storage by the app.

Jasper.

playlists.zip