finding uploaded files

Todd Lefkowitz

Feb 21, 2022, 6:32:11 PM2/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All

I just downloaded some music files on Apple Music and used the file upload feature on the B2 to upload it to the B2.  How do I find where these files ended up on the B2...siple search doesn't reveal them

Thanks in advance
Todd

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2022, 6:40:37 PM2/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Todd
First run a Scan Disk, if that does not sort them out then look under "Unknown" artist. If they are there then your directory structure for the upload would appear to be wrong.

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2022, 8:53:38 PM2/21/22
to Brennan Forum
I got this in my private email.
Fred

Running Scan Disk right now...thanks as always

Todd

Fred

I ran Scan Disk and found the files.  Alas, they won't play.  I re-ran Scan Disk and same issue.  I believe I uploaded correctly on the WebUI, and it seemed like all 16 files successfully transferred.  Next step?

Todd
=====================
My reply
========================
Hi Todd

We need to use the Forum rather than private email     :-)    (I will copy this conversation there)

However, if you can now see the files and they will not play on the B2, that is because of the format that iTunes has saved them in. (Sorry I am NOT and Apple
user) but this advice from Paul from Brennan may help.

You can make a copy of your iTunes library to an external USB device and use that to import the music to the B2. I found lots of info online for how to do the iTunes part, including on the Apple site.

The music must be in M4A or ALAC (not AIFF), FLAC or MP3 format and be arranged by Artist - Album - Tracks (which iTunes normally does).

Paul
Brennan Support.
If you can get the music as an MP3 or a FLAC version your upload should be OK.

Fred

PMB

Feb 22, 2022, 6:41:29 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Todd,

Can you see what format iTunes has saved the tracks as? AIFF will not play on the B2 - only WAV, FLAC, MP3, M4A and ALAC.

Paul
Brennan Support.