Wifi Failed - Can you connect to the interface any other way (not Phone as this fails as well)

Chris Hudson

Dec 28, 2021, 9:46:34 AM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,
As the Wifi on my new brennan lasted all of 3 weeks and I am considering returning the whole lot, can I just ask, can you connect the Brennan directly into your PC and use the web interface?

Cheers
Chris

Daniel Taylor

Dec 28, 2021, 9:56:31 AM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
You cannot connect the B2 directly to your PC.  But you can use an ethernet cable to wire it directly to the router.  If you do, then be sure to remove the WiFi adapter.

Chris Hudson

Dec 28, 2021, 11:21:21 AM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
Thank you for this.
So I have took the back of plugged in an ethernet cable and the source states the IP address.
Connected to the page and same thing happens.
See the artists, and songs etc, but clicking on anything does not do anything.
So WiFi does not work, connecting 'hard wired' does not work, so basically it does not work.
Will be calling tomorrow to return unless, anybody else has any other ideas.
To summarise,
Changed computers, Tried phone, changed routers, changed dongles, cleared cache, switched on and off ( soooo many times), banged my head against the wall for being so stupid as to buy this.

Rearwing

Dec 28, 2021, 11:24:52 AM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
I think you know what you are going to do, somethings are just not an ideal fit, return it and try something else.

Chris Hudson

Dec 28, 2021, 11:51:43 AM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
I have checked the software and it is the latest version.
First question is there a reset switch other than turn off and on. If there is can I presume that the music will be OK.

I have noticed something else.
The brennan 'home page' loads as stated but then does nothing.
Yet I have been trying various things to check if it is working.
The last time I did a check I selected 1 song from my playlist. Nothing happened.
However I have just connected and the strange thing is that the home page has loaded again but this time the album column had changed to the last selection I tried. It doesn't work but it was obviously 'sent' to the brennan.

Chris Hudson

Dec 28, 2021, 12:13:03 PM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
It has now got even worse with the unit hard wired into the router I just get the home page with nothing on it.
Screenshot_3.png

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2021, 12:24:42 PM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
Most strange,

I wonder if your B2 has switched to using the SD Card for music instead of the HDD.
using the front creen and round knob go through the menu system thus
main menu > settings > maintenance > Use HDD
and see if that changes things.

I would also like you to try and play the internet radio (any station) though the B2 by using the Front controls to do this (this will confirm that the B2 is indeed connectd to the WiFi/internet properly).

Fred

PMB

Dec 29, 2021, 4:44:05 AM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris,

The empty web UI page is a definite sign that you need to clear the cache for the browser - close the web UI page (on all devices) >> for Chrome etc, go to More Tools >> Clear  browsing data >> select 'cached images and files'. Open a new browser page and enter the IP Address from the B2 by hand rather than using a bookmark.

Paul
Brennan Support.