Using an External CD Drive

pa...@bamfordfc.co.uk

Feb 9, 2021, 9:20:30 AM2/9/21
to Brennan Forum
I have just purchased my B2 and have few hundred CDs to rip, consequently I intend to buy an external CD drive. The Brennan website suggests the  LG GE24NU40, which rips 6 times faster than the B2. Unfortunately, this appears to have been discontinued. Can anyone suggest an equivalent alternative (ie 6 times faster than the B2)? Thankyou. Paul

Alan Keen

Feb 9, 2021, 10:30:00 AM2/9/21
to Brennan Forum
I use a Rioddas I bought off Amazon for not a lot.  So far it has burnt over 1300 cd's and it is still going strong.

PMB

Feb 10, 2021, 4:43:57 AM2/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

Almost any USB 2.0 compatible DVD/CD Drive will work with the B2. Most seem to be the slim type these days, no desk top ones like the LG anymore.

I use an ASUS SDRW-08D2S-U.

Paul
Brennan Support.

pa...@bamfordfc.co.uk

Feb 15, 2021, 5:26:25 AM2/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Thank you.

mantis1955

Feb 16, 2021, 11:32:55 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
My B2 arrived this morning so been playing away happily with it. My first impressions were that Martin was being pessimistic as I was reaching speeds of 12-14 and some CD's were ripping in 3 mins. Then I had a couple of failures, although they worked second time round. So I hooked up my 30 quid Samsung drive and for one CD it was only marginally better than the B2, reaching about 8.5 as opposed to say 7.9. Do you think another drive would be an improvement? Mind you my collection is only about 400 so no hardship.