Sonos and B2

kerryman

Nov 1, 2021, 5:57:20 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi all, sorry if this has been asked but I can't find it !

It's great you can play a B2 through your Sonos speakers so easily now.. But.. is it possible in any way to use and listen to Spotify on my nice speakers that I have connected to my B2 ?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 6:06:07 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes,

There is a command in the menu system under Advanced called get Libresoft. I have not used it myself but i believe if you have the correct Spotify account, this B2 addon function allows you to play from Spotify.

Fred

Jeff. M.

Nov 1, 2021, 6:45:31 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
It works very well but you have to have a paid for spotify account!

JFBUK

Nov 1, 2021, 11:56:43 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Kerryman,

assuming its your Sonos speakers you want to use to listen to Spotify then you can use the Sonos app to access Spotify with a Spotify free accounts (with some limitations)

John

PMB

Nov 2, 2021, 4:42:33 AM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Kerryman,

Here's a link to the B2 Spotify page.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Michael...@hotmail.co.uk

Nov 2, 2021, 5:49:50 AM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Can you use Sonos speakers via Alexa to play a particular Album or track on the B2. If so what is the command wording.
Thanks.
Michael

JFBUK

Nov 2, 2021, 10:22:01 AM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Michael,

there is an Alexa skill for Sonos control which would need to install. My reading is that it is quite limited in what it can do.

John