Short Fade in at Beginning of Certain Handful of Tracks

David Dinwiddie

Oct 19, 2021, 9:35:31 PM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum

I have Segue set off because I would like to have my CD rips sound as much like the playing of the original CD as possible.  But on a handful of albums, there will be a track that has a loud start that is faded in (only about a quarter second fade in) but it sort of takes away from the impact of the fortissimo start of a movement or track.  If I move the little control bar back to the start of the track after the track is playing, it plays fortissimo from the start with no fade-in as I desire.  Any ideas from the brain trust as to why this might be happening and if there’s anything I can do about it?

PMB

Oct 20, 2021, 5:32:32 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi comput...,

Is this on a B2 or a BB1?

Are you sure Segue is off as there are different settings?

Paul
Brennan Support.

David Dinwiddie

Oct 20, 2021, 10:51:24 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
I just double-checked Segue and it is definitely off.

David Dinwiddie

Oct 20, 2021, 10:52:55 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
This is a B2.  Sorry for the multiple posts.  I received an error message when I did the first post and assumed it hadn't posted.

Daniel Taylor

Oct 20, 2021, 11:09:15 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
When you turn the control knob to the Segue command, if it says Off, that means that is what will happen if you select it.  It is not displaying the current state.  Someone please correct me if that's wrong.

David Dinwiddie

Oct 20, 2021, 11:32:13 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
So I went back to Segue.  It said off.  I pressed the button and it said mode set.  I went back to Segue and it says off as before.  I will test it again when I get a chance.

Daniel Taylor

Oct 20, 2021, 1:08:34 PM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Well, that's odd.  You're right, everytime you bring up the Segue command, the prompt is for Off.  That seems wrong.  I hope Paul from Brennan will see this and respond to clear this up.

PMB

Oct 21, 2021, 4:18:52 AM10/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Segue settings are -

Segue Off
Segue On
Short Segue

and the option displayed is the action (in this case).

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Oct 21, 2021, 4:20:21 AM10/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Comput...,

Please tell us an example track, or two and we can try them too.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Daniel Taylor

Oct 21, 2021, 6:34:02 AM10/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,
The description of the command on the Menu list seems to imply that there are only two settings, on and off, which would work like the other toggle commands.  It would be helpful if the documentation said something about the available selections.