Incremental backup B2

les29...@talktalk.net

Jul 2, 2022, 9:32:57 AM7/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Have any of the members any advice as to the best way to do an incremental backup to an external HDD which already has a earlier B2 backup on it using a usb hub

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2022, 8:50:51 PM7/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Les,

Please note we now have a new Brennan Forum here, Please use this in future or if my help below does not answer your question, please post it again there.

The B2. "Export to USB A or C" function IS incremental in operation. This means that anything new or different on the B2's Hard disk music collection (since the last Export) will be added to the Export being run.

Also

If you have enough room on your external backup HDD for a second copy of your B2's music, you can achieve this by renaming the existing copy (plugging it into your PC to do this). The existing backup directory will be called
"b2export" so if your rename it to be "b2export-old", when the HDD is next used for a B2 "Export" it will create a new ""b2export" on it and you will get a complete NEW, clean backup of your B2's music made.

Fred