First 'tune' of the day skips a few seconds on a B2b

Christian Sunderland

Jan 21, 2022, 8:23:13 AM1/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hello,

Not a major issue but a slight annoyance...  The first song I play on a B2b after switching on always skips the first few seconds.  Taking the 'Time Left:' slider back plays back from the beginning.  Is this a known issue, my B2b playing up or a signal delay to the amplifier (through an HDMI cable)?

Basically, does anyone else get this??

Thanks in advance,

Christian

JFBUK

Jan 21, 2022, 9:41:23 AM1/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Christian,

do you get the same behaviour if you listen through headphones ?

If not then it would tend to confirm your HDMI theory ?

After that first play, I assume all subsequent tracks play ok including the original if you start it again (without using the slider ?

John

Christian Sunderland

Jan 21, 2022, 9:52:03 AM1/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

I haven't tried with headphones, to be honest.  It only affects the first track and after being switched on.  My amplifier (a Denon AVR-X250-BT) auto-detects the input signal, which makes me think it's a signal delay, more than a B2b issue.  If no-one else has the same issue, I'll put it down to the amplifier!

Thank you for your reply.

Christian

Daniel Taylor

Jan 21, 2022, 4:49:26 PM1/21/22
to Brennan Forum
I use the HDMI output, and the B2 has always done that for me, too.  When the very first song starts, I can hear what sounds like a solenoid clicking in my receiver until the music is heard.  I suspect it has something to do with the B2's inadequate handling of the HDCP handshake.

Christian Sunderland

Jan 23, 2022, 10:35:33 AM1/23/22
to Brennan Forum
Yes Daniel, I do hear a 'click' when playing the first track before it begins.

I've had another go, this time 'force' selecting the correct input device (in my case the 'DVD' channel) and waiting a few seconds, instead of using auto-detect.  This seems resolved the issue.

Christian