B2 sees fewer tracks than exist on CD

Dave Hoffman

Jan 18, 2022, 5:16:07 PM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi all,

I've been ripping lots of CDs from my collection lately, and I've encountered the same issue a couple of times:  where a disc is not in the database and the B2 sees a different number of tracks than are present on the disc to be ripped.  This happened most recently with a reissued CD version of an album by The Trashcan Sinatras that has the full album of 14 tracks plus 6 bonus tracks:  the B2 only sees 19 tracks.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to correct this.  Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

Kind regards,
Dave

Daniel Taylor

Jan 18, 2022, 7:20:36 PM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Are there any video tracks, or data tracks that are for computer to read?  The presence of non-audio tracks tends to confuse the B2.

PMB

Jan 19, 2022, 4:31:10 AM1/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dave,

With reissued CDs, that have bonus tracks, the extra tracks may not be listed on the CDDB (CD database) or the reissued version may not be on the database.

If you use the web UI to rip CDs you can click on the offered title to see the Track listing. In this example I click on 'In between Dreams' -
CD Title - web UI.jpg
and see the Track listing -
Track list - web UI.jpg

Check this against the CD before selecting RIP.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Dave Hoffman

Jan 19, 2022, 11:21:07 AM1/19/22
to Brennan Forum
So what are my options to correct this?  There is no video content, just audio tracks.  Can I just upload the correct tracklisting to the CDDB directly?

JFBUK

Jan 19, 2022, 11:40:45 AM1/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dave,

when you rip the CD  it may be that the B2 has ripped the 20th track to an Artist = Unknown.
I would expect the rip software to rip all the tracks regardless of the info it has retrieved from the database
You can search in the web UI for Unknown.
If you have a computer with a CD drive you can rip the CD on that and then upload the missing track.

John

PMB

Jan 20, 2022, 3:56:43 AM1/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dave,

It appears the B2 rejects a CD/stops ripping when the Track count doesn't match the CDDB. As John suggests, you may have to rip those particular CDs on to your computer and then transfer to the B2.

We use the online CDDB provided by www.MusicBrainz.org - you can search their site for the CDs and there is an option to add CDs to their database.

Paul
Brennan Support.