no network connection

Xenofon Sgouros

Oct 20, 2020, 4:39:07 AM10/20/20
to Brennan Forum
Hello
Up to a few months ago my Brennan was connecting via WiFi very well, and was able to access the CD database, etc. A few months ago stopped working and cannot access database or web upgrade. I decided to use an Ethernet cable to connect with my BT router, which have not changed for a while. It shows as connected via Ethernet, and the IP address correctly, but when I try to Web Upgrade it shows a message no connection. I rebooted it a few times, have ordered a new dongle with an antenna and a new SD card which will arrive in a few days. However, I am not sure why cannot connect even with Ethernet cable
Regards
Xen

Daniel Taylor

Oct 20, 2020, 8:12:39 AM10/20/20
to Brennan Forum
One thing that might be worth mentioning is that when you are connected to your router with an ethernet cable, the WiFi dongle should not be plugged it.  The two methods seem to compete with each other somehow.

Xenofon Sgouros

Oct 21, 2020, 2:21:26 AM10/21/20
to Brennan Forum
Thank you for this, but I had removed the dongle, still did not work. Now I am waiting for a new SD card to update software and will try again, when received. it seems also that there is not technical advice from Brennan on my issue as yet, just your comment. It seems they have disappeared, also have not answered an email I sent. Is the company still operational?

PMB

Oct 21, 2020, 4:30:38 AM10/21/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Xenofon,

We are still here, definitely! Apologies for not replying sooner.

Web Upgrade should work with either WiFi or Ethernet so it sounds like your B2 is not connected. Is it displaying an IP Address (connected to your network) and the clock (connected to the internet)?

If you run Setup WiFi - Settings menu - does the B2 display 'Scanning' and then a list of SSIDs it has discovered, can you select your SSID and enter a password, etc? If not let us know where in the process it fails.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Xenofon Sgouros

Oct 21, 2020, 5:45:55 AM10/21/20
to Brennan Forum
Thank you for your answer, I have done most of these several times. First the IP address both with WiFi and Ethernet is displayed but still when try to upgrade shows as no connection. When I try to set up Wifi sometimes it does scan and connects sometimes it does not. But even if it is connected with Wifi with my router, there is no real network connection. I have decided now to order a new SD card with an upgraded software to see if this resolves the problem, and a new dongle with an antenna as advised. Nonetheless, there must be some problem with the ability of the B2 to connect to network, beyond the settings arrangements. I have done everything i could up to now, still of course waiting for the new SD card which I ordered yesterday. It is really frustrating not to be able to connect to the CD database on line because if this, and by the way I upgraded the database by downloading a file to a memory stick back in April-May, but still does not discover most CDs even the ones it should. Any help will be much appreciated
Kind regards
Xenofon Sgouros

PMB

Oct 22, 2020, 3:31:24 AM10/22/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Xenofon,

A software upgrade and an internet connection should improve the CD look up success. Please let us know how it goes wit the new SD Card and dongle.

Paul
Brennan Support.