Copying failed message on B2

David Long

Oct 5, 2021, 11:54:05 AM10/5/21
to Brennan Forum
When recording from an external source and use the Get Recordings option, copying has taken longer to complete and now I am getting the message Copying Failed. From reading on this forum, I suspect the sd card to be at fault. Mine is a March 2019 model. I have today ordered a replacement sd card from Brennan, is this likely to resolve my issues?

Daniel Taylor

Oct 5, 2021, 2:07:25 PM10/5/21
to Brennan Forum
It very well could resolve your issue.  However, it is also possible that the problem lies elsewhere.  Sometimes the HDD developes a bad spot and when writing to it is attempted, the process stalls and you get a similar condition.

But back to the SD card.  If you use it for recording very much, that could have worn it out.  SD cards are notorious for not lasting a long time.  So, whether the new card will fix your problem or not, it won't hurt to have a new SD card.

PMB

Oct 6, 2021, 5:50:38 AM10/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

Let us know how it goes with the new SD Card.

Have you made a backup (Export to C) recently?

Paul
Brennan Support.