Music Disappeared From Brennan B2

Alan Gullock

Jun 24, 2021, 11:42:46 AM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
At the start of today, I had 4156 CDs stored on my Brennan B2. This afternoon I was inserting some missing track names, and somehow I now only have 1836 CDs on the
machine. I have no idea what happened. I certainly never went anywhere near any "Delete"
settings. Furthermore, the disappeared items appear to be random - I used to number each
disc as I entered it, and it is not numbers 1 to 1836 that remain intact. Has anybody got any
suggestions as to what has happened or if it can be remedied?

Jeff. M.

Jun 24, 2021, 11:58:01 AM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Have you done a "scan disc" from the settings menu, or web ui?

JFBUK

Jun 24, 2021, 11:58:44 AM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Alan,

Have you run a Scan Disk since you made your renaming changes ?

Try that and see whether it helps.

We’re you editing using the Web UI ?

John

Peter Lowham

Jun 24, 2021, 11:58:48 AM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan,

I think that if you run 'Scan Disk' that should find the missing CDs/tracks.  The internal B2 music database has probably become mixed up by some of the renaming.  'Scan Disk' should fix that.

From the front panel, go to 'Settings' --> 'Scan Disk' and click on this.

It will probably take about 15 - 20 minutes to complete.

Then check your stats again.

Regards,
Peter.

Rob Harriman

Jun 24, 2021, 11:59:43 AM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan,
There is a troubleshooting guide on the B2 web site.
First step try running Settings  - 'Scan Disk'. I suspect the music is still there but a glitch occurred.
Hope this helps.
Rob

Alan Gullock

Jun 24, 2021, 1:00:34 PM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Rob, Peter, John, Jeff
Thanks for the advice. It SEEMS to have done the job.
It's so good to have guys like you around to sort out
technophobes like me. Thanks again.   Alan

Jeff. M.

Jun 24, 2021, 1:04:47 PM6/24/21
to Brennan Forum
I run a scan disc after every change I make, only takes a minute or so, glad to help.