MP3 Cover art

Jeff. M.

Feb 2, 2022, 9:51:19 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
I have sent all my mirrored mp3s to a USB stick for use in my car, Unfortunately, the cover art has not gone with them! Anyone have a suggestion as to how i could do an export combining art and mp3s, or even sending art to existing download!? Cheers.

JFBUK

Feb 2, 2022, 10:42:27 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeff,

lots of software will edit your tags including album art including Musicbrainz Picard or MP3tag

Some music players will automatically tag from internet sources, I know media monkey can do this but I am sure others can too

John

Jeff. M.

Feb 2, 2022, 12:07:09 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John, but i was just hoping there was a method using just the B2, as all the art is already on there!

JFBUK

Feb 2, 2022, 12:21:47 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeff,

I'm assuming you have looked at these B2 menu functions ?
I think the second one only works on FLAC judging by the comments

John

Screenshot 2022-02-02 171248.jpg

Screenshot 2022-02-02 171346.jpg

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 12:28:26 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi John

Jeff has generated his MP3 using the B2's FLAC+MP3 compression option, which generates a "hidden" mirror copy of the B2's music.
As it is "hidden" non of the normal B2 functions will work on it so you cant retag it using the B2.

I think the best option would be to plug the USB device with the mirror on it into a PC and run a program like MP3Tag over it.

Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 12:30:11 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Forgot to say that obviously the FLAC+MP3 compression does not carry over album art (Paul - perhaps a Wishlist improvement?)

Fred

JFBUK

Feb 2, 2022, 12:52:22 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeff & Fred,

I did not realise the mirror MP3s would be ignored by the menu functions.
I checked DBPoweramp and I think you can force an album art tag update if you run a music format conversion even its MP3 to  MP3

Jeff. M.

Feb 2, 2022, 12:58:14 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred,  new car soon which doesplay FLAC, but then i will need another USB stick, oh well. thanks all.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 1:19:48 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeff

Word of warming,
We a seeing A LOT of FAKE USB sticks at the moment do not get one form Amazon or Ebay - go to a proper shop!

Jeff. M.

Feb 2, 2022, 2:05:21 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Fred, its been me who has quite often suggested to peeps they may have a fake, but thanks, I did get caught once about 7 years ago! Never again,

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 2:36:37 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Sorry Jeff,

It must appear that I love teaching people how to suck eggs, but the truth is that I just did not look who I was sending to. 😁
Fred

Jeff. M.

Feb 2, 2022, 5:02:55 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Haha, no problems Fred, its one of the messages that needs to be out there, with FAT32 and WiFi issues. Take care.