Locating tracks on b2

Bruce Rylands

May 29, 2020, 7:26:47 AM5/29/20
to Brennan Forum
I recorded my vinyl LP collection onto my Brennan b2.  Although I can see them on my back up disc, I can't find them on the Brennan itself using the Search function.  Any suggestions?  The back up drive reads Hardfi>music>recordings>aux.42.mp3.  The last bit (aux.42.mp3) is illustrative only because the actual number after "aux." obviously varies according to which recording I am looking at (and there are 100 plus of these aux files).  Perhaps I should add that I can listen to the recordings on my MacBook by double clicking the aux. file so the recording is there.
Look forward to hearing any comments or advice.
Bruce Rylands

Leslie Brownlee

May 29, 2020, 7:32:42 AM5/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Bruce, I think your recordings go on to the SD card and have to be transferred to the HDD. Check this out. https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/B2Recording

Peter Lowham

May 29, 2020, 8:02:16 AM5/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys,

Leslie is correct.  There is a limitation, where only one input (source) device can be accessed at a given time.  Because  the 'Aux In' and 'HDD' (and also the Internet connection) are input devices, when you select 'Aux In' then the 'HDD' and the Internet connection  devices are disabled.

Your 'Aux In' recordings will be stored on the (micro)SD card. Once you have finished your recording session, then select 'HDD' as your source,
 followed by 'Settings' --> 'Get Recording'

Your music will be found in an album called 'Recordings'. Then if you search for 'Recordings' you find find them.  Yon can then rename the album to its correct name.

As an aside, you mention a 'Backup' rather than an 'Export'.  Are you using 'Backup' to maintain compatibility with a JB7 model?  If not, Brennan recommends that you use 'Export' because 'Backup' saves the music files with a different naming format.  The link below explains the differences.

Regards,
Peter.