V3mobile UI - I cant get full playlist functionality

David Tellett

Feb 26, 2020, 8:48:12 AM2/26/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

The iPhone app and V3mobile UI are generally great and working really well. Thanks Martin and team!
I’m using iPhone and iPad with Safari browser.

However, The issue is that I’m still having problems with playlist display. I can see, create, modify etc without a problem, but when a playlist is displayed, there’s no green “play” Button next to the individual items. See pic.

If I click on one to start playing the playlist, it just goes to that album or artist but doesn’t play the playlist.
If I go back to the original web UI or the first mobile UI, the play arrow is there and all is well, so it must be something with the V3mobile UI....??
It’s a relatively minor problem but quite irritating!

David
5277000F-38E5-4071-83AB-459FA71BC9F4.png

Bigland

Apr 8, 2020, 1:54:42 PM4/8/20
to Brennan Forum
I've got the same problem, but from the lack of replies here, is it possible not many others do? Irritating.

There's never been a simple "play this playlist", even in the full web display.

Daniel Taylor

Apr 8, 2020, 2:10:55 PM4/8/20
to Brennan Forum
I wonder if it's a cache problem in your browser.  Try clearing history and data and start fresh.

PMB

Apr 9, 2020, 3:15:05 AM4/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David and Bigland,

You may find you also have to delete 'cached images and files' (for Windows 10) in addition to 'browser data' (Windows and iOS). Open a new browser page and type the IP Address in manually, rather than using a bookmark, etc.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Bigland

Apr 9, 2020, 8:43:22 AM4/9/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried different browsers on different equipment (Opera and Edge on Windows 10 on a laptop and a desktop, Safari and Chrome on an iPhone), and all fail to show the play and 3 dots icons on the Playlist page of "v3m.html"

I've tried clearing caches, although in most cases the browsers I've tried have never displayed that page before anyway; I'd missed the addition of this new mobile page until I downloaded the iOS app the other day.

I have managed to make the missing icons appear on Win10 by accessing the developer tools of the browser and disabling the "position: absolute;" line of the "#playlistTbody .darkRow .flex1, #browseRadioSection .darkRow .flex1" css instruction. This brings the icons into view from wherever they've been hiding.

Daniel Taylor

Apr 9, 2020, 10:32:41 AM4/9/20
to Brennan Forum
On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 8:43:22 AM UTC-4, Bigland wrote:
I have managed to make the missing icons appear on Win10 by accessing the developer tools of the browser and disabling the "position: absolute;" line of the "#playlistTbody .darkRow .flex1, #browseRadioSection .darkRow .flex1" css instruction. This brings the icons into view from wherever they've been hiding.

That's interesting.  ".darkRow" looks particularly suspicious.

MJB

Apr 14, 2020, 9:29:59 AM4/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bigland (and David)

Thanks for the bug report and the fix. The v3 versions are not my code and I shy away from using absolute/relative so it would have taken me forever to find that - I mean it so big thanks.

The fix will be in the next release - I'm currently testing Bluetooth out on BB1 otherwise I'd release now.

If you see any other problems let us know - Paul will pass on your feedback pretty quickly.

Martin