ripping cds

john duncan

Oct 29, 2021, 7:18:33 AM10/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi all, when I rip cds the song titles and cd name comes up as something totally different. Example I rip a Dr. Feelgood cd and it comes up as Simon and Garfunkel. Is this normal ?

Thanks Jock

Daniel Taylor

Oct 29, 2021, 10:18:09 AM10/29/21
to Brennan Forum
When the info comes up, it may not be the only choice.  Turn the knob slowly to see the other options.

JFBUK

Oct 29, 2021, 10:25:26 AM10/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jock,

the B2 uses an external database , Musicbrainz,, to get the details of a CD.
Sometimes you get mismatches or multiple matches and even no match.
When you are ripping are you using the B2 front panel or the web UI ?
If the front panel then turn the rotary knob to scroll through the choices and select, you should always get a choice of Album nnnn , e.g. Album 1234
If using the Web UI  then in the bottom left it should tell you how many choices. Click on the down arrow to see what they are.

Screenshot 2021-10-29 152124.JPG

John

JFBUK

Oct 29, 2021, 10:52:36 AM10/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Jock replied to me direct

Thanks, l use the Web UI and most times the CD info I need is not there, thought I was doing something wrong. It will kep me busy

Jock

PMB

Nov 1, 2021, 4:57:53 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jock,

If the web UI is not displaying the CD titles, try closing the web UI >> clear browser data - for chrome select 'cached images and files, and for Safari 'clear browser data and history' >> open a new browser page >> enter the IP Address displayed on the B2 in manually (rather than using a bookmark or a shortcut or a prompt).

Paul
Brennan Support.

Christian Sunderland

Nov 2, 2021, 7:04:59 AM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Capture.PNG
Hi Jock,

I found that downloading the old 'static' ie not updated FreeDb as per instructions above, significantly increased 'hit-rate'.  Especially with older releases.

I hope this helps!

Christian

harlond57

Nov 4, 2021, 11:08:13 AM11/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Christian, does your message mean that if you download FreeDB, the Brennan will check both MusicBrainz AND FreeDB whenever you're trying to rip a CD?  Is there any downside to loading FreeDB?  Thanks.

Christian Sunderland

Nov 4, 2021, 11:16:24 AM11/4/21
to Brennan Forum
It seems to work by checking MusicBrainz first, then FreeDB. (I could be wrong!) - The only downside is that it will take up memory on your internal SD card (again, may be wrong!) - But it improved my CD hit-rate (especially for older releases) from about 50% to about 95%.

Christian

PMB

Nov 5, 2021, 4:36:25 AM11/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Harlond57,

Mydb (freedb) will help with older titles - it's not been updated since March 2020 - whereas Musicbrainz should be more up to date.

After downloading it will be stored on the hard drive not the SD Card and takes up around 1.5GB.

Paul
Brennan Support.