Uploading Albums to B2

Nick Hickson

Jan 22, 2019, 11:20:24 AM1/22/19
to Brennan Forum
I had a troublesome CD of Delius Piano Concerto which doesn't rip properly on the B2 nor my laptops giving a copy with dropouts and so have downloaded another Album from Amazon in mp3 format. This was downloaded to my computer to give proper Artist /Album /track format.
Can I now upload this to the B2 using 'Upload' facility in the Web UI?

John Lang Wilson

Jan 22, 2019, 11:23:32 AM1/22/19
to Brennan Forum
Yes, I have done this.

Nick Hickson

Jan 22, 2019, 11:32:14 AM1/22/19
to Brennan Forum
Thanks. It does not cause any problems with the CDs already ripped and on my B2 then.

Nick Hickson

Jan 22, 2019, 11:52:39 AM1/22/19
to Brennan Forum
Where do uploaded albums and their files (tracks) go?

John Lang Wilson

Jan 22, 2019, 12:22:23 PM1/22/19
to Brennan Forum
The same place as those uploaded by any other method Nick. You won't see the difference.

Nick Hickson

Jan 22, 2019, 12:41:33 PM1/22/19
to Brennan Forum
Thanks. Have successfully uploaded the bought mp3 CD album at half the price of the actual CD though realise, theoretically there would be some loss in quality though sounds good to me!

John Lang Wilson

Jan 22, 2019, 1:25:41 PM1/22/19
to Brennan Forum
That's great. In my experience the loss of quality is technical only, but my ears are "over 21".

Nick Hickson

Jan 22, 2019, 1:34:38 PM1/22/19
to Brennan Forum
And my ears a few days off 81yrs.