Just got the B2 and its problematic to find the CD name and track names

Eugene Helsel

Nov 23, 2021, 9:27:32 PM11/23/21
to Brennan Forum
So it kind of works. It found U2 rattle and hum and then Bruce Springsteen greatest hits. However when I loaded Tom Jones greatest hits , the B2 says there are 39 options!? and then I try to enter information like T and it reverts to the prior CD's that were ripped.  I just want all my old CD's copied to a hard disc with title and track information. The B2 makes that too difficult. What a disappointment.  This device is not right for me, its going back to amazon.

Eugene Helsel

Nov 23, 2021, 9:50:28 PM11/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Now it compressing my files. I don't need that or want that. Geez - B2 is going back tomorrow

Everett Rantanen

Nov 24, 2021, 12:21:46 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Sometimes the CD database will give you many options for the CD you rip, this is most prominent with Greatest Hits collections as there are many of them for the same artist. Just use the Main volume knob to select the correct title and press it to start ripping. If it can't find the correct title, it will always have a option "Album XXX" . The XXX represents some number. you can rip at that and edit it later.

Davywhizz

Nov 24, 2021, 2:15:07 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
You can tell the B2 not to compress eugene.The default setting is compression to FLAC, just to save disk space, you don't lose anything from the audio quality on playback.

Christian Sunderland

Nov 24, 2021, 4:01:23 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Eugene,

I found that downloading the old 'static' ie not updated FreeDb as per instructions below, significantly increased 'hit-rate'.  Especially with older releases.

FreeDB.JPG

I hope this helps!

Christian

Rearwing

Nov 24, 2021, 6:44:01 AM11/24/21
to Brennan Forum
I think it is disappointing, but refreshing when someone realises quickly that the B2 is not right for them. It is a great piece of kit for those people who are willing and able to put the time and effort to get the best from it, but that's not everyone, and that's ok.