What sample frequency for Flac?

Pete_likes_Brennan

Mar 6, 2018, 3:47:06 AM3/6/18
to Brennan Forum
I rip all my cds in my B2 to Flac. They play fine and also via Sonos.
I also have some downloaded Flac files that I have loaded to B2 via its NAS (and used "Scan Disk")
They will not play although the Artist/Album structure is recognised.
I have discovered that Sonos will not play them either but tells me it is because they are sampled at 96Khz (apparently 44,100Khz/16bit is maximum).
After converting a test track with Audacity to 44,100Khz it now plays via Sonos from my Mac. I have yet to try the B2.

Question 1: What spec file (sample rat/bit level) does the B2 create when ripping to Flac? I can't seem to find this info on the B2 web site.

Question 2: Can anybody recommend a free batch convertor for re-sampling my 96khz files to B2 compatible?

PMB

Mar 7, 2018, 4:23:46 AM3/7/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Pete,

I'm not sure about the answer to Q1, will have to ask Martin but concerning Q2 I have downloaded and played 24bit/96kHz music from the HDTracks site successfully.

I'll set up my Sonos 1 later and check if it will play these 24/96 files.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Brennan Support

Apr 9, 2018, 6:12:35 AM4/9/18
to Brennan Forum
Hello Pete

B2 uses 44100 16 bit stereo in its FLAC files.
You could have a look at switch

Martin

PMB

Apr 10, 2018, 3:41:22 AM4/10/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Pete,

Just to clarify the B2 will store and play 24/96 files OK, it is the Sonos that cannot play them (so they have to be converted to 16/44.1 format).

The NCH Switch software, Martin suggests, looks good as it handles most of the popular formats (including AIFF for Apple users).

Paul
Brennan Support.