USB Drive eject?

Me My Self and I

Feb 27, 2021, 10:53:28 AM2/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Should I eject any attached USB disks before unplugging them from the B2? If so, what is the menu sequence for this. I have been switching off, unplugging the device then back on again rather than just pulling them out. I've used macOS for many years and it has been drilled into me not to just pull them out!

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2021, 11:58:41 AM2/27/21
to Brennan Forum

Press and hold in the "Play/Stop" button until "Saving" appears on the display and then release it and wait for the clock to re-appear. That flushes the B2 buffers and assures any outstanding write operations are completed.
The B2 is then safe to power off or have a USB removed.

Me My Self and I

Feb 27, 2021, 2:59:21 PM2/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks. Easy when you know how!

PMB

Mar 1, 2021, 3:31:39 AM3/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi mkste...,

And ignore any error message when you plug the USB device into your computer - for Windows 'continue without scanning'.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Me My Self and I

Mar 1, 2021, 6:37:43 AM3/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks. I've used macOS for years and it has been drilled into me never to just unplug a USB disk. Certainly don't want to corrupt the Brennan OS disk. I can reformat the USB drive, but don't want to have to recover the Brennan's if I can avoid it.