Dissapearing Albums

keithho...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2021, 6:46:22 AM12/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Haven't been on the forum for a while,all b2 has been running smoothly.Until last weekend,when i went to play a newly ripped CD and it wasn't there.I know it ripped successfully as i spent a good few minutes renaming (there was no data)and fetching artwork,and manually typing in titles.This is not the first time but previously i'd put it down to me forgetting that i had deleted them.But this was so recent i knew it should have been there.Qestion ,can files go missing or get hidden somewhere.Ive re ripped the album and when i last looked it was still present.

PMB

Dec 21, 2021, 6:54:59 AM12/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Keithho...,

Try running Scan Disk - Settings menu - to recover the missing album.

Paul
Brennan Support.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2021, 7:40:03 AM12/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Keithto..

Sometimes it helps to understand why......so here goes
The B2 software interface works from a database it creates of the contents of the internal HDD, not directly from the HDD itself.
Thus when you have changed anything in your music collection (like renaming something), you need to rebuild this database so that it reflects the changes you have just made. This is what the "Scan Disk" function does.

Fred