vinyl to JB7

DAVID URY

Jan 29, 2019, 7:01:17 AM1/29/19
to Brennan Forum
I am a happy JB7 owner and enjoyed transferring my CD collection. Now I want to transfer my vinyl collection. Should I do it through my MacAir, and if so how? Or can I do it directly to my JB7?

Edwyn Corteen

Jan 29, 2019, 8:20:09 AM1/29/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi David

Full details of how to do this with the JB7 in the JB7 help pages here...

PMB

Jan 30, 2019, 3:23:35 AM1/30/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

You can use the B2 to record using Aux In mode. However when you record the side of an album you get one long track and no track info. I've read on the Forum that others use programs like Audacity to record, separate tracks and add titles, etc. I also understand that Audacity (and others) have facilities for removing scratch noises, etc. Might be worth a look.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mick C

Jan 31, 2019, 1:18:41 PM1/31/19
to Brennan Forum
I use software called VinylSoft from https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/ in conjunction with a Behringer UCA202 audio interface that connects into the Tape circuit on my HiFi preamp and has a USB interface to the PC.

VinylSoft is really easy to use and quite flexible.....easy to split an LP side into tracks, remove scratches and hiss, retrieve track titles and coverart from the web, it does everything I want to record an LP from my turntable and convert it to FLACs for the B2 and MP3s for iTunes.

The Behringer is very cheap but works perfectly in taking the analog signal from Tape Out and feeding it into my PC via USB.
Once the LP has been recorded onto the PC and cleaned up you can then play it back through the HiFi to review the results. It also has a convenient headphone output for quiet monitoring.