Faulty B2 remote or receiver

Alfredo M

Nov 27, 2018, 7:19:15 AM11/27/18
to Brennan Forum
Request for help / suggestions
My B2 remote has been gradually failing and now doesn't work at all. No response from any button.
I've changed the battery to one I know works (from my JB7) and have rebooted the B2. Several times.
My question is if there is any way to determine whether the fault is with the remote or with the receiver. As a guess the remote is the more likely but I'd rather some confirmation before I order a new one.
Thank you.

Brian R

Nov 27, 2018, 4:37:00 PM11/27/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alfredo

Does the green light on the Brennan illuminate when you press the remote?

You can check if any Infra Red remote is working by pointing it at a Digital Camera, the Camera can see Infra Red.  Look at the handset via the camera viewscreen , you can see the LED in the remote flickering when you press a key
This does not prove that the remote is outputting the correct codes but it is a good way to identify a dead handset.

Brian

Alfredo M

Nov 29, 2018, 6:57:44 AM11/29/18
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for the concise and helpful response, Brian R. I found that I had to darken the room in order to see the faint infra-red signal. Problem now identified - the battery had been dud (hence the slow deterioration in response), but when I replaced it with a good one I put the new one in upside-down. Doh!