Peter

Feb 3, 2022, 10:17:20 AM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
I have my B2 music on a back up hard disc - all in FLAC format.

I am considering buying a BB1 for travelling. Can I load FLAC files from the HD to the BB1?

Thanks

Chris A

Feb 3, 2022, 11:18:12 AM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter

Yes, FLAC works fine on BB1.

If you have a large music collection, however, you may wish to consider upgrading the memory card first.

Daniel Taylor

Feb 3, 2022, 2:41:30 PM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
You might want to consider converting your backup FLAC files to MP3 so the music will take up less space on the BB1.

JimShaw

Feb 4, 2022, 7:23:32 AM2/4/22
to Brennan Forum
The music on my B2 is all in wav format. I loaded in stages from a B2 backup then used the BB1 to convert the files to MP3, it takes about 4 minutes per file so it is almost like having to play all of your collection. It took me the best part of a fortnight.
One problem that I had was when the BB1 became full and so was no longer copying over WAV files. It wasn't immediately obvious which tracks were missing.
At one point the BB1 locked up and wouldn't stop the conversion process, I had to take out the batteries and unplug the supply.

Peter

Feb 4, 2022, 11:19:18 AM2/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks all.  Given the price of upgrading the storage and also the less than perfect sound quality, I think I will convert my files to mp3 (on my computer)  and then load them on to the BB1.