Totally wrong CD indexed

tony...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2021, 5:53:02 PM6/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Has any one come across that after ripping a cd (on a B2) that a totally different cd has been indexed?
I ripped Dream Wife's 'So when You Gonna' a couple of months ago. Just now playing various tracks at deliberate random using the laptop to control (trying my new Sennheissers) I came across a cd titled Lava Rock by a group called Kalapana. That made no sense to me and certainly the track titles bore no relationship to the songs being sung.
As I also rip all my cds on my laptop in .wma for use on my phone I track down the actual recording to confirm that it was by Dream Wife (same number of tracks and the titles made total sense)
All sorted but strange?

Daniel Taylor

Jun 4, 2021, 7:40:51 PM6/4/21
to Brennan Forum
When you rip on the B2, you have to check that the title of the album you have is correct.  When it is not, you can turn front control knob to see what other options are available.  Do that before confirming the selection.  Apparently, the information used to look up the CD may not be unique.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2021, 8:58:13 PM6/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Have you run a "scan disk" and does the problem continue after doing so?
Fred

PMB

Jun 7, 2021, 11:21:59 AM6/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Tony,

The B2 will only rip with the selected title, so you should carefully check what info is displayed after inserting a CD and selecting 'Rip'.

Paul
Brennan Support.